CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Christmas Cards

Yes I know its ages til Christmas but we've decided that our Thursday crop will concentrate on Christmas cards.
Its Mum's turn to host the crop this week, which means it's my turn to design her the two we will make tomorrow.  As I'm rushed off my feet this week I used a card example from the Do crafts magazine.  This issue comes with a really nice Christmas tree embossing folder so I have used that in the first card.
The topper is the tree embossed on holographic card and then double mounted on white and grey, with a silver peel-off sentiment.  I have cut a strip of silver and used the tree embossing folder to make a zigzag pattern. This piece has organza ribbon tied around it.  The card base has patterned and glittered velum held in place with tiny white brads.


On the second card I have used my inkidinkado Christmas stamps and have heat embossed the snowflake and the Noel in silver.  The verse is printed off my pc.  Both are mounted onto holographic card.
The card is finshed off with ribbon on the verse and gems on the snowflake and spine.


Finally I'm getting to sit down.  So off to watch some tv,
H xx

1 comments:

Shirley

Hazel, I love both of these cards, but that first one is definitely my favorite. I love the organza over the silver embossed strip.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails