CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 3 February 2011

Our Lady Jane

Today has been a very sad day. We had to take the decision to put our very old Labrador Lady to sleep.
Lady has had a very full life including being one of my bridesmaids over 10 years ago and also featuring on the front page of our local paper when the fire brigade had to be called to rescue her from the roof of an old house. She was at least 18 years old and up to the end was very feisty. She went to sleep on her bed in my arms and is now buried up the field at my parents farm along with a hen that died overnight.
Here are some of our favourite photos of her.
















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

8 comments:

marion82

oh sweetie so sorry for your loss! now she is with other dogs in the Dog and cat heaven....always remember that she was a very lucky dog having you there as she closed her eyes forever....and she had a full life!! Rest in Peace!!!
hugs and love
Marion

Suzy

Oh Hazel I am so sorry, she looks like a lovely lady too xxx

Unknown

Oh I am so sorry x You will miss her but sounds like she had a happy life! x Leigh x

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals

Aww, she looks so sweet. :) I am sorry you lost her today....it is nice she had a full long life. :)

Leanne

She's lovely. Sorry for her loss.

Glen

Awww... (((hugs))) for you Hazel. She was blessed to have you as a mummy and I hope that your sadness will be replaced with happy memories of your Lady. ~Glen~

Mary J

Oh Hazel, I'm sorry for your loss. It looks like she gave you a lot of love and enjoyment. I have two Labradors and I hope they live forever!

{{HUGS}}

Mary J xxx

fatmonica

What a happy dog she was.She obviously loved being with you as much as you loved having her.Beautiful pictures and lovely memories. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails